Friday, August 25, 2006

A letter to Aunty Kit




I was inspired to scrap this page after reading Faer's blog and downloading the latest PBP mega kit freebie by Heather's d.r.e.a.m.. Faer has been making some really nice sketches available to download. The one I used was called Letter Sketch, and combined with Heather's part of the mega kit I came up with this LO of my Great Aunt Kit. I altered and coloured the heart to match the ribbon buckle. She always had the most beautiful and stunning stationary and the paper's in Heather's kit remind me of my favourite aunty.

Writing the journaling was quite cathartic for me, it bought back some memories for me that I had not thought of for a long while. I was crying during the process, I really do miss her. Kit was a very special lady. She had experienced a vaired and rich life. She was an "old school" teacher and had some very strong opinions on life. She was never idle. She had some wonderful stories to tell us. Even when she was "elderly" she kept up with her calisthenics. Her favourite phrase was "now let me give you some advice". She was even in a buliding society advert in Newcastle where she was recorded talking about surfing there.

Just thinking about her again has brought tears to my eyes. Here's to you Kit!

1 comment:

fazzbech said...

What a lovely idea to scrap about these fond memories! It's a beautiful layout, great job!