Thursday, July 09, 2009

Using Radial Blur (PSE4)

I have had a few questions asking how did I do a particular effect on a photo recently. LO credits here!



After my usual contrast and colour adjustments, I did the following:


Used an oval shape to select what area I wanted to be clear and in focus. I droped the opacity down while I was positioning it over the photo.

I used the magic wand too to select the shape and selected the chose select and feather and 250px for the feathering.

I then chose the original layer and copied using the feathered selection. Remove or make invisible the shape layer.
I then chose the background layer and went to filter and selected Radial blur: amount 22, zoom and best.


Merge visible layers and you are ready to go.



Happy scrappn!

2 comments:

JanetB said...

Woohoo, Janie! Excellent tut! Thank you! (jtb)

JanetB said...

Woohoo, Janie! Excellent tut! Thank you! (jtb)