Thursday, February 21, 2008

This one's for you, Amanda!

I was chided by "Odd Job Amanda" for being way too slow in my blog postings .... life sure does get in the way of a blog post!

So what has happened recently in the life a damsel like me? I now have two boys at school. Will is at 3yo preschool for 5 hours a week and I *think* I start work on Monday. Woah - yep work - the hardest thing was gettng my CV together and making it sound interesting considering I haven't been in full time paid work since 2000 and casual work since 2004. And of course trying to find a referee who was still contactable. In the end I was able to find one plus I have also asked the teacher in charge of the preschool to be a character referee. It is now a waiting game - my CV has been looked at and I heard that the HR manager was suitably impressed (phew) and final decisions are being made.

In between I have been scrapping (well der), being mum the taxi driver between schools and Little Athletics events and play dates and doing all those endless chores (washing, ironing, cleaning). Oh and I had a birthday too ;)

Is that enough now Amanda?

1 comment:

Amandac said...

Well yes Janie, that was a lovely post but some pictures would have been nice lmao! Good luck on Monday with work - I hope that you have a great day! I'm looking for work at the moment myself, unenthusiasticaly but still I'm looking, hahahaha. Take care :)