Tuesday, March 01, 2011

More about food ....

Continuing with my pledge of cooking something different, last Thursday I poached atlantic salmon in pinot gris and served it with oven roasted veges.





Carbonara sauce is something I make quite regularly - I remember once at uni trying to do this dish and thinking it was quite complex to do. Not any more.

So fry up some bacon until it is crispy and remove all but about 1 tablespoon of the fat from the pan. Toss in a pinch of paprika and 1/2 cup of cream.



Mix one egg and an extra yolk with grated parmesan cheese - about 30g will do.



Cook up and drain your pasta. I usually do tortellini. Toss in a tablespoon of butter. Mix in the bacon and cream. Mix in the egg and cheese, turn the heat back on to low to just cook the egg.



hmmm no wonder I have belly fat :-))

No comments: